How to Order a Commission
Ordering a custom commission is the perfect way to cosplay as a unique character I don't offer on a regular basis or to change elements of an existing design. Commission pricing is based on fabric, time, and complexity just like the pinafores I offer in my store, so they don't cost extra! In the commission section you can ask for pinafores, kimono dresses, skirts, capelets, and children's sizes. On rare occasions I will take custom commissions for wrap dresses; I do not take custom commissions for Printed items.
How do you order? Here's how it will go
What you do:
Send me a message via the store or Facebook (Darling Army Facebook) with the following information for a pinafore or skirt commission:
- Waist measurement:
- Character/Object and series name:
- Reference picture: (Link or attached reference picture of specific character outfit desired)
- Additional info: (this is where you'd let me know if you wanted any specific elements)
If you are interested in a custom kimono dress, please include the following measurements in addition to the details above.
- Shoulder width:
- Length from shoulder to wrist:
If you are interested in a bow commission, please let me know the character/object of reference and any color preferences.
What I do:
Once I receive your message, I'll start planning the design. I might ask you a couple clarification questions before I start on an actual sketch. Once the details are hammered out, I'll send you a sketch and a price quote. Once we agree on a design and price, I will be able to add a custom listing to the Commission section of my site for you to purchase when I'm accepting orders. From there I'll make the commission and send it to you =D
Say I was sent the following message:
- Waist measurement: 28 inches
- Bust: 36 inches
- Shoulder: 18
- Arm: 21
- Character/Object and series name: Sailor Moon
- Reference picture: (see below) https://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/sm_sailormoon_05-0.jpg
- Additional info: I want a kimono dress. Can you incorporate a crescent moon somewhere? I also want her pleated skirt
For example, even though I can make pleated skirts, I don't offer them because they don't fit in my style and take longer to make. Since I work with multiple orders at a time, it's not fair for me to delay ten orders just so I can iron and baste pleats for five hours (to do it correctly).
After I send the sketch, we'll discuss any possible changes (if any), settle on a price, and then your job is finished! After you let me know when you want to order, I'll set up a custom listing in the Commission section with your sketch and your name on it for the next order acceptance date that works for you.